For those that found the price point to be a tad bit steep, Smiteworks announced they are now offering a Free 30 day trail.
Also [5E] The D&D 5th edition basic rules and the Wizards of the Coast theme and font extensions are now included for all licensed users.
The D&D Basic Rules modules include the following items:
- A custom theme derived in the same style as the Player’s Handbook
- Random tables for rolling background bonds, flaws, ideals, origins, etc.
- Equipment tables containing items that can be dragged to character sheets, treasure parcels or NPCs for ease of reference, encumbrance calculations and ease of disbursement. The searchable lists contain all items listed in the Player’s Handbook (Adventuring Gear, Tools, Armor, Weapons, Mounts, Tack and Harness, Vehicles.)
- Draggable weapons that auto-enter the inventory, weight, attack type (melee, ranged, thrown) and the damage (with damage type.)
- Reference material and artwork which is not specific to any one particular character class
- A list of spells from the D&D Basic Rules, ready to drag and drop to your character sheet
- The class description from the Player’s Handbook for all 4 basic core classes: cleric, fighter, rogue and wizard
- Details and features from levels 1-20 for the 4 included classes
- Automatic addition of new class features when you drag the class link to your character’s level summary
For those that are wondering about the pricing structure
- Option 1: Monthly License Subscription (free 30 day trial)
Choose Subscription Type: GM/Player 3.99 A Month Or Ultimate 9.99 Month
- * Your account will be terminated as soon as you cancel, so wait until the final day you plan to use it prior to cancelling.
- Option 2: Lifetime License
Fantasy Grounds License $39
Ultimate License $149
Ultimate License Upgrade $115
Plus of course you have to buy the modules add on and rule sets. They range from 19.99 to 34.99
Looks like they are really going for broke to overtake Roll 20