Forbidden Fortress is a fast-paced, Cooperative, dungeon-crawl board game set in Feudal Japan, and mixed with Unspeakable Horror!
Players take on the role of courageous Heroes, fighting back a tide of evil creatures and demons that have invaded their world! Play as the stalwart Samurai Warrior, using your mastery of the Katana and your bushido code of honor to defeat your foes in combat, the nimble and deadly ninja Assassin, using stealth and speed as weapons, the Traveling Monk, a member of an ancient Yamabushi order devoted to fighting supernatural creatures wherever they may be found, and the powerful and mystic Sorceress, who wields Elemental Magik to crush her enemies.
Set in Feudal Japan, the Heroes must brave the Forbidden Fortress; a feudal castle overrun with all manner of Demons, Ghosts, and Monsters inspired by Japanese myth and legend. The massive Oni, red beast-like ogres wielding giant clubs, stalk the halls, while deadly Tengu sword masters descend from the skies with their raven wings to attack the Heroes. Legions of Samurai Dishonored Dead rise from the grave, and writhing Acidic Tentacles burst from the floor to spit acid and feed on the Heroes with their razor sharp teeth. But at the heart of the fortress lie the most terrifying and epic foes of all; the Harionago, a ghostly, demonic woman, held aloft by the twisting strands of her animated hair, which is also used to entangle and slash at the Heroes with its vicious barbs, and the towering Living Statue, possessed by Darkness to break away from its posts, wreaking havoc and smashing the castle it was once built to protect!
- Includes 27 beautifully detailed, multi piece hard plastic, 32mm scale game miniatures for the Heroes and Enemies, each designed with dynamic poses and detail perfect for painting.
- Immersive adventures and story driven gameplay, using the expansive and popular Shadows of Brimstone™ Game Engine.
- Fully Cooperative, with all of the players working together against the game itself
- Dynamically generated adventures, 12 different Missions, and 4 unique Heroes with many options for customization, the game is designed for massive replayability.
- Easy to learn with simple but fun gameplay and rewarding thematic story moments as you progress your Heroes.
- Built-in Campaign system for keeping your Hero characters from game to game, finding new items on your adventures and gaining new skills and abilities as you go up in level.
- Heroes can visit a Feudal Japanese Village between mission to re-stock and re-supply before the next adventure, having a mini-adventure in town.
The Kickstarter has all ready funded, and of course is knocking down those stretch goals! You have 29 days (As of this posting) to get in on the dungeon crawling goodness